Monday, September 5, 2011

Life with the Birney Boy's

Casey and I just celebrated our 7 year Wedding Anniversary last weekend.  Our life doesn't even look at all like it did back then. Even though we were so happy as newlyweds, we defintiely wouldn't trade what we have today for anything in the world.  Our boys, Noah (6) and Jacob (soon to be 3) are the greatsest blessings in our lives.  Our home is always filled with the sounds of laughter (sometimes crying or whining), little feet running down the hall, and lots of horse play.  (Casey can't even lay in the floor without one of the boys jumping on him wanting to wrestle).   As I sit and watch these scenes unfold, it takes me back to growing up in a house full of boys.  I have been surrounded by boys my entire life.  Growing up with three brothers and lots of boy cousins I was always the "only girl" around.  Now I am living life with my husband and my two adorable little boys surrounded by wonderful neighbors and friends on the "ridge".  I thought this blog would be a great way to record our life as we are living it.  Trust me when you live life surrounded by boys you never know what you are going to get. 

In our neighborhood we are truly blessed with wonderful neighbors that feel almost more like family.  Some of them acutally are family.  My mom (Nana) is acutally our next door neighbor.  The boys love having her so close and I am so glad that they get spend as much time with her as they do.   We are always doing fun things in the neighborhood.  Cookouts, bon fires, hangin' out wacthing the kids riding bikes, scooters, and anything else with wheels.  We girls also get our monthly "Bunco night" and look forward to it all month long.
We are getting ready right now for the Labor Day cookout.  Ribs, chicken and all the fixin's.  I can hardly wait. 

Stay tuned for more on Birney Life on the Ridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment